PRACTICAL GUIDANCE FOR ESTIMATING AND CONTROLLING EROSION AT CULVERT OUTLETS
Efforts were concerned with investigation and development of means of estimating the extent of scour to be anticipated downstream of outlets. Investigation and evaluation of various schemes of protection for controlling erosion such as horizontal blankets of rock riprap, preformed scour holes lined with rock riprap and channel expansions lined with natural and artificial revetments.
U.S. Army Waterways Experiment Station3909 Halls Ferry Road
Vicksburg, MS USA 39180-6199
- Fletcher, B P
- Publication Date: 1972-5
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 43 p.
- TRT Terms: Bridges; Culverts; Drainage; Erosion
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Hydraulics and Hydrology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00046844
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: H-72-5 Misc Pap
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 18 1973 12:00AM