MOST RECENT DEVELOPMENTS IN THE FIELD OF VERY HIGH SPEEDS IN FRANCE--ELECTRIC TRACTION AND TURBOTRAINS
Railroads are presently operating at speeds of 200-210 km/hr in France and Japan. Recent research shows that commercial trains operating at 250 km/hr are now a certainty, and that speeds of 300 km/hr are possible. This paper describes SNCF's experience in operating and testing such trains. Modifications needed in track structure, rolling stock, engines, electrical current collection, traction, aerodynamics, braking, and wheel-to-rail adhesion are discussed in detail.
- Prepared for meeting 8-12 January 1973.
New York, NY USA 10017
- TESSIER, M
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 21 p.
- TRT Terms: High speed rail; Multiple unit trains; Technology; Turbotrains
- Geographic Terms: France
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00046782
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: 730061 Prepr
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 10 1976 12:00AM