STRUCTURAL DESIGN OPTIMIZATION OF A CABLE-SUSPENDED GUIDEWAY FOR HIGH SPEED GROUND TRANSPORTATION
Various configurations of cables and towers are examined, in three categories: suspension, cable-stayed, and combinations. Principal design parameters are span, sag, cable configuration and trackway stiffness. Optimization is based on static loads with allowance for dynamic loads and vibrations.
- AIAA/ASME/SAE, 13th Structures, Structural Dynamics, and Materials Conference, San Antonio, Texas, 10-12 April 1972, Volume 3, Structures.
American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics1290 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY USA 10019
- WHITELAW, R L
- Gray, G A
- Garst, D A
- Publication Date: 1972
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 7 p.
- TRT Terms: Cables; Guideways; Intelligent transportation systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced systems; Cable suspension guideways
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00046731
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: 72-323 Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 10 1976 12:00AM