ENGINEERING U.S. DIESELS FOR OCEAN-GOING VESSELS
U.S. designed and built diesel engines are presently available at the 625 hp/cylinder level, yielding 10,000 bhp in a 16-cylinder configuration. Higher unit ratings are soon forthcoming. The development of the RV engine since its inception is discussed. Selected support systems, e.g., fuel and cooling, are presented. Various propulsion train systems are discussed.
- ASME paper for meeting April 1-4, 1973.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY United States 10016-5990
- Bacchi, R M
- Barich, A C
- Publication Date: 1973-4
- Pagination: 10 p.
- TRT Terms: Design; Diesel engines; Diesel fuels; Offshore power plants; Propulsion; Vehicle power plants
- Uncontrolled Terms: Propulsion systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Diesel design; Diesel propulsion; Marine power plants
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00046662
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper n 73-DGP-4
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 31 1974 12:00AM