RULES OF COMPENSABILITY AND VALUATION EVIDENCE FOR HIGHWAY LAND ACQUISITION
This report will be of particular value to legal practitioners and appraisers. A variety of rules pertaining to evidence in condemnation proceedings is reviewed with the major emphasis on the problem of proving the value of property taken or damaged. Various law cases are cited to support the rules of evidence presented together with the reasons the courts gave as the bases for their decisions to admit or exclude various types of evidence. This report presents a composite picture of the state of the law of evidence in eminent domain proceedings for the country as a whole.
- Record URL:
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/00775614
- Distribution, posting, or copying of this PDF is strictly prohibited without written permission of the Transportation Research Board of the National Academy of Sciences. Unless otherwise indicated, all materials in this PDF are copyrighted by the National Academy of Sciences. Copyright © National Academy of Sciences. All rights reserved.
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Massey, D T
- Publication Date: 1970
- Media Type: Digital/other
- Features: Appendices;
- Pagination: 77 p.
- NCHRP Report
- Issue Number: 104
- Publisher: Transportation Research Board
- ISSN: 0077-5614
Open Access (libre)
- TRT Terms: Appraisals; Eminent domain; Highway law; Property; Property acquisition; Right of way (Land)
- Old TRIS Terms: Land appraisal; Rules of admissibility; Rules of compensability
- Subject Areas: Finance; Highways; Law;
- Accession Number: 00200879
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, TRB
- Created Date: Oct 8 1996 12:00AM