DEVELOPMENT STATUS AND EXPERIENCE OF VARTA'S BATTERY SYSTEMS GAINED ON ELECTRIC VEHICLES TESTED IN WEST GERMANY UNDER ACTUAL OPERATING CONDITIONS
This report sums up performance data obtained on lead-acid batteries and accessories especially designed for electric road vehicles. Also it encompasses special technologies such as central electrolyte refilling system, forced cooling and central venting. Further it describes VARTA's latest accomplishments for reduced maintenance and improvement in reliablity. Another objective is exploitation of improved technologies for motive power batteries for applications such as fork lift trucks. Furthermore, it presents development stage of VARTA'S improved nickel-iron FENOX-battery.
- From the Meeting held 26 February-2 March 1979.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Peters, U W
- Publication Date: 1979
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 10 p.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Preprint
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers
- TRT Terms: Electric batteries; Electric vehicles; Electrolytes; Lead acid batteries; Performance tests; Storage batteries; Testing; Vehicle performance
- Old TRIS Terms: Storage battery vehicles; Varta battery system
- Subject Areas: Energy; Geotechnology; Highways; Materials; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00197233
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 790160 Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 15 1979 12:00AM