ELECTRIC VEHICLE BATTERY DEVELOPMENT
Various types of lead-acid batteries have developed because of different market needs. The small, uncertain market for electric vehicles has been met by modifying traction-type or golf-car type lead-acid batteries. Recently, governmental stimulation of the market for passenger electric vehicles has resulted in the design and development of batteries to meet specific performance goals for electric vehicle propulsion. The approach which the Eltra Electric Vehicle Group/C&D-Prestolite has taken toward meeting the governmental goals involves the use of expanded metal, non-antimonial grids, overpasted plates, reduced electrolyte and an enveloped, glass mat retention system.
- From the Meeting held 26 February-2 March 1979.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Fleischmann, C W
- Publication Date: 1979
- Pagination: 11 p.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Preprint
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers
- TRT Terms: Design; Electric batteries; Electric vehicles; Electrolytes; Lead acid batteries; Propulsion; Storage batteries; Vehicle design; Vehicle performance; Vehicle power plants
- Uncontrolled Terms: Propulsion systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Storage battery vehicles
- Subject Areas: Design; Energy; Geotechnology; Highways; Materials; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00197226
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 790158 Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 15 1979 12:00AM