ENEL EXPERIENCE AND DEMONSTRATION PROGRAMS IN THE FIELD OF ELECTRIC VEHICLES
ENEL, the Italian Electricity Board, has launched extensive programs of research, development, and demonstration in the field of battery-powered vehicles, as the widespread use of electric vehicles should have a positive effect on the energy picture and the environment. Moreover, overnight battery recharging would contribute to the levelling of the electrical load-profile. Possible near-term applications of electric vehicles have already been pinpointed within the framework of the activities of ENEL and other important Italian utilities. Electric vans have been or are being developed in cooperation with Italian manufacturers. More than 50 electric vehicles of different types have been already assigned to ENEL operational units for demonstration purposes. Laboratory and on-the-road tests are planned to improve the vehicle and battery performance.
- From the Meeting held 26 February-2 March 1979.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Bossi, A
- Menga, P
- Paris, L
- Sforzini, M
- Publication Date: 1979
- Pagination: 8 p.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Preprint
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)
- TRT Terms: Demonstration projects; Electric batteries; Electric vehicles; Performance tests; Storage batteries; Testing; Vans
- Old TRIS Terms: Storage battery vehicles
- Subject Areas: Energy; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00197224
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 790113 Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 15 1979 12:00AM