EPRI/TVA PILOT ELECTRIC VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION PROGRAM
The emerging national effort to commercialize electric vehicles (EVs) has significant potential for impact on utility load curves and distribution feeder systems. With the implementation of national energy goals, utilities recognize the need to identify the interactions between large-scale use of EVs and utility operations. Since utilities will have to provide the needed energy and "live with the impact" , it is appropriate and desirable that utilities participate actively in the national effort to accelerate evaluation and introduction of EVs. This paper discusses the Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI)/Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) demonstration program, describing the initial testing and evaluation of non-prototype EVs in a real-world environment, the demonstration design, and finally the data acquisition and reporting plans.
- From the Meeting held 26 February-2 March 1979.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Ferraro, R J
- Harbaugh, D L
- Publication Date: 1979
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 7 p.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Preprint
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers
- TRT Terms: Data collection; Demonstration projects; Electric vehicles; Energy; Feeder services; Storage batteries; Testing; Vehicle design
- Old TRIS Terms: Epri/tva electric vehicle demonstration program; Storage battery vehicles
- Subject Areas: Design; Energy; Geotechnology; Highways; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00197222
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 790110 Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 15 1979 12:00AM