MECHANICAL HYBRID VEHICLE SIMULATION
A method is presented for optimizing the engine/secondary usage strategy of a hybrid vehicle with flywheel, pneumatic, hydraulic, and spring systems for secondary storage. A powertrain simulation is combined with dynamic programming techniques for calibration optimization, and a sequential decision algorithm for specifying optimal operating points for both engine and secondary drive systems. An overview of road-load matching and strategy requirements is presented.
- From the Meeting held 26 February-2 March 1979.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Willis, F G
- Kaufman, W F
- Kern, G A
- Publication Date: 1979
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 13 p.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Preprint
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers
- TRT Terms: Algorithms; Automobiles; Energy storage systems; Flywheels; Hybrid vehicles; Hydraulic equipment; Pneumatic equipment; Vehicles
- Old TRIS Terms: Hydraulic systems; Pneumatic systems; Strategy
- Subject Areas: Energy; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00197210
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 790015 Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 15 1979 12:00AM