NEW CONCEPT IN CHILD RESTRAINT DESIGN
A reduction in death and injury rates of child vehicle occupants is being experienced in Australia by a unique child restraint device which is compatible with all motor vehicles. Basic parameters, product development and extensive dynamic sled test programs are explained. Concluding with the achieved benefits which include excellent crash performance, simplicity, versatility and public acceptance of a totally new concept.
- From the Meeting held 26 February-2 March 1979.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Molnar, T G
- Rodwell, D M
- Publication Date: 1979
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 9 p.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Preprint
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Benefits; Child restraint systems; Crashworthiness; Motor vehicles; Performance tests; Safety equipment; Vehicle occupants
- Subject Areas: Highways; Passenger Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00197207
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 790072 Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 15 1979 12:00AM