WHAT CAN THE AUTOMOBILE INDUSTRY EXPECT FROM LIQUID CRYSTAL DISPLAYS?
The present performance capabilities of liquid crystal displays relative to automotive requirements is reviewed. Fundamental material limitations to LCD performance will be discussed. Operating characteristics that may be anticipated in the next two to five years, in regards to such parameters as operating voltage, operating and storage temperatures, humidity resistance, response time, viewing characteristics, color and display styling will be treated. In addition, examples of the use of LCDs for portrayal of analog and vectorgraphic information will be presented.
- From the Meeting held 26 February-2 March 1979.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Berman, A
- Kramer, G
- Oh, C
- Smith, P
- Publication Date: 1979
- Pagination: 10 p.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Preprint
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)
- TRT Terms: Applications; Automobiles; Electric potential; Information display systems; Liquid crystal displays; Liquids; Measuring instruments; Performance; Rock crystals; Vehicle power plants
- Uncontrolled Terms: Potential
- Old TRIS Terms: Automobile engines; Display devices; Displays
- Subject Areas: Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00197193
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 790059 Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 15 1979 12:00AM