U. S. COAST GUARD OIL POLLUTION INVESTIGATION AND CONTROL SCHOOL: ON-SCENE COORDINATOR'S MANUAL
The report is a handbook for a federal On Scene Coordinator for use in combatting oil and hazardous materials spills. It includes the National, Regional, and Local Contingency Plans, guidelines for the coordinator, and a case study of an oil spill involving the USNS Towle in New York harbor.
- See also AD-758 510.
United States Coast GuardReserve Training Center
Yorktown, VA USA
- Publication Date: 1972-11
- Pagination: 272 p.
- TRT Terms: Cleaning; Contingency planning; Coordination; Crashes; Handbooks; Hazardous materials; Hazards; Laws; Oil spill cleanup; Oil spills; Oils; Policy; Pollution; Prevention; Spills (Pollution); Water pollution; Water quality management
- Geographic Terms: New York (State)
- Old TRIS Terms: Cg; Contingency plans; Government policies; Oil spill prevention; Pollution contingency plans; Pollution response center; Response; Usns towle vessel
- Subject Areas: Environment; Law; Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation; Policy; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00046596
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 31 1973 12:00AM