CANADIAN LNG ACTIVITIES PANEL SESSION ARCTIC PETRO-CARRIERS PROJECT
The transportation of resources from the High Arctic is the greatest challenge facing Canada's commercial shipping industry. To meet this challenge, Petro-Canada and the Alberta Gas Trunk Line joined forces with Melville Shipping Ltd., a new company, formed by three of Canada's largest shipowners. This paper describes the main components of a computer simulation program that enabled Melville to analyse the shipping system's performance on a year round basis. In addition, the main conclusions drawn from Melville's work on vessel design and Arctic operations are outlined.
- Proceedings of Gastech 78, the 6th International LNG/LPG Conference held in Monte Carlo, November 7-10, 1978.
Gastech Exhibitions Limited,
- Bell, M H
- Publication Date: 1979
- Pagination: p. 61-64
- TRT Terms: Cargo ships; Chemical tankers; Cold weather; Containing equipment; Design; Freight transportation; Icebreakers; Liquefied gases; Liquefied natural gas; Operations; Shipping; Simulation; Vehicle design
- Geographic Terms: Arctic Regions
- Old TRIS Terms: Arctic operations; Arctic transportation; Lng containment systems; Lng transportation
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Design; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00197166
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 15 1979 12:00AM