THE INTERNATIONAL BASELOAD LNG TRADE: 1978-90 PROJECT
The uncertainties which cumulatively are bringing about a contraction in the expected rate of growth in LNG trading occur when, for almost the first time, it is universally accepted that the world's major industrial markets are confronted by the prospect of severe shortages of energy by the period of the late 1980s and in the relieving of which LNG could play a most significant part. The fact that LNG may well not end up playing this role, in spite of its availability, is the irony of the position in which we find the LNG industry today. It is the object of this paper to outline some of the major factors which continue to depress this LNG outlook while presenting a forecast of the international trade in LNG to the year 1990. In doing so, it is not proposed to refer to every project or to give a description of specific LNG projects within the text; the latter is given in some detail in Exhibits 1-6 at the end of the paper.
- Proceedings of Gastech 78, the 6th International LNG/LPG Conference held in Monte Carlo, November 7-10, 1978.
Gastech Exhibitions Limited,
- Faridany, E K
- Publication Date: 1979
- Pagination: p. 11-29
- TRT Terms: Chemical tankers; Cold weather; Design; Economic forecasting; Forecasting; Imports; International trade; Liquefied gases; Liquefied natural gas; Operations; Policy; Trade
- Geographic Terms: Arctic Regions
- Old TRIS Terms: Arctic operations; Arctic transportation; Lng forecasts; Lng imports; Trade forecasts
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Design; Economics; Marine Transportation; Policy;
- Accession Number: 00197165
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 28 1979 12:00AM