ARCTIC ICE DYNAMICS JOINT EXPERIMENT-BULLETIN NO. 20
This bulletin is primarily devoted to one major paper titled "On the Atmospheric Boundary Layer: Theory and Methods" by R.A. Brown. This investigation into planetary boundary layer dynamics evaluates the analytic methods available to predict the air stress for a synoptic-scale ice dynamics model. The material ranges from the simple to the recondite. All theories are condensed and a bibliography is given for the serious reader. A second paper provides discussion with "Some Critical Results on Turbulent Diffusion Theory on Ice Dynamics." Further information is given on additions to the data bank files.
University of Washington, SeattleDivision of Marine Sciences
Seattle, WA United States 98105
- Publication Date: 1973-5
- Pagination: 163 p.
- Issue Number: 20
- TRT Terms: Drift ice; Ice floes; Surveys
- Geographic Terms: Arctic Regions
- Old TRIS Terms: Arctic surveys; Ice water air interaction
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00046579
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: University of Washington, Seattle
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 18 1973 12:00AM