ARCTIC ICE DYNAMICS JOINT EXPERIMENT-BULLETIN NO. 17--INVESTIGATION OF THE ICE CONDITIONS IN THE ARCTIC SEAS AND METHODS OF FORECASTING AND COMPUTATION
Bulletin No. 17 is the second half of a translation of Volume 303 of the Proceedings (Trudy) of the Arctic and Antarctic Scientific Research Institute. The first half (AIDJEX Bulletin No. 16) dealt with the computation and forecasting of ice-cover variations and with problems related to ice drift. This second half covers (1) the relation of wind and pressure fields to ice coverage fluctuations, (2) the formation and deterioration of the ice cover, and (3) methodological topics connected with the study of the parameters and deformation of the ice cover.
- Translation from Russian from TRUDY Vol. 303, edited by N.A. Volkova for the National Science Foundation. See MRIS #046568 for first half of volume.
University of Washington, SeattleDivision of Marine Sciences
Seattle, WA USA 98105
- Publication Date: 1972-12
- Pagination: 110 p.
- Issue Number: 17
- TRT Terms: Ice; Ice formations; Surveys; Weather forecasting
- Candidate Terms: Ice forecasting
- Geographic Terms: Arctic Regions
- Old TRIS Terms: Arctic surveys; Ice fields
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00046576
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: University of Washington, Seattle
- Report/Paper Numbers: #TT 72-50022
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 18 1973 12:00AM