POPULATION CHARACTERISTICS AND MEASURES OF EXPOSURE TO ROAD ACCIDENTS
This paper discusses the availability and quality of information about motor vehicles, drivers, the road system and its usage, and the usefulness of this information in assessing the safety of the Australian road system and in deriving measures of exposure of the population to road accidents. Some applications of exposure characteristics in monitoring road safety are proposed. /TRRL/
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/10324152
- Proceedings of the Road Accident Information Seminar, Canberra, 26-28 March, 1974; also published in HS-026 061U p 52-65.
Australian Government Publishing ServiceP.O. Box 84
Canberra, A.C.T. 2600, Australia
- Atkins, A S
- Publication Date: 1978
- Features: References; Tables;
- Pagination: 14 p.
- Publication of: Australian Government Publishing Service
- Publisher: Australian Government Publishing Service
- ISSN: 1032-4152
- TRT Terms: Census; Conferences; Crash exposure; Crash rates; Crashes; Data banks; Demographics; Drivers; Highway safety; Motor vehicles; Population; Quality control; Risk taking; Safety; Statistics; Traffic crashes
- Uncontrolled Terms: Exposure; Quality
- Geographic Terms: Australia
- ITRD Terms: 1643: Accident; 1612: Accident rate; 8006: Australia; 336: Census (popul); 8525: Conference; 8614: Database; 1772: Driver; 9063: Quality; 2259: Risk taking; 1665: Safety; 6555: Statistics
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Society; I81: Accident Statistics;
- Accession Number: 00196823
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: ARRB Group Ltd.
- Files: HSL, ITRD, TRIS, ATRI
- Created Date: Sep 15 1985 12:00AM