ARCTIC ICE DYNAMICS JOINT EXPERIMENT-BULLETIN NO. 16--INVESTIGATION OF THE ICE CONDITIONS IN THE ARCTIC SEAS AND METHODS OF FORECASTING AND COMPUTATION
The collection of papers which comprise Volume 303 of the Proceedings (Trudy) of the Arctic and Antarctic Scientific Research Institute in Leningrad covers a wide range of topics related to the ice conditions in the Arctic seas. According to the editor's Perface, it is intended for oceanologists and graduate students of hydrometeorological specialization. Because of the length of the translation, the volume is printed in two halves. The first half, AIDJEX Bulletin No. 16, contains one group of papers which deal with the variations of ice coverage and methods of computation and forecasting, and another group addressing problems related to ice drift. The second half of Volume 303, AIDJEX Bulletin No. 17, covers (1) formation and deterioration of the ice cover and (2) methodological topics connected with the study of the parameters and deformation of the ice cover.
- Translation from Russian from TRUDY Vol 303, edited by N.A. Volkova for the National Science Foundation. See MRIS #046576 for second half of volume.
University of Washington, SeattleDivision of Marine Sciences
Seattle, WA USA 98105
- Publication Date: 1972-10
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 133 p.
- Issue Number: 16
- TRT Terms: Ice; Ice formations; Surveys; Weather forecasting
- Candidate Terms: Ice forecasting
- Geographic Terms: Arctic Regions
- Old TRIS Terms: Arctic surveys; Ice fields
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00046568
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: University of Washington, Seattle
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 18 1973 12:00AM