EVALUATION OF THE HAZARD OF BULK WATER TRANSPORTATION OF INDUSTRIAL CHEMICALS. A TENTATIVE GUIDE
This study rates 337 industrial chemicals that are bulk shipped by water transportation. The rating system used to determine their hazardousness is in keeping with their objective to provide the Coast Guard with technical information that can be used as a guide for establishing safety regulations. The ratings are designed only toward water transportation of these chemicals and are not valid when used in any other manner. The rating system is designed for reclassification when new information becomes available. Thus the report originally printed in 1966 was updated in 1969, 1970 and this 1972 edition.
- A report prepared by the Evaluation Panel of the Committee on Hazardous Materials, Division of Chemistry and Chemical Technology, NRC, for the Coast Guard under Task Order 13.
National Academy of SciencesCommittee on Hazardous Materials
Washington, DC USA 20418
- Publication Date: 1972-9-22
- Pagination: 55 p.
- TRT Terms: Chemicals; Classification; Hazardous chemicals; Hazardous materials; Information systems; Safety; Water transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Chemical cargo; Hazardous chemicals classification; Hazardous materials information system
- Subject Areas: Environment; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00046566
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Research Council
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-00035, CG-11,775-A
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 27 1976 12:00AM