State awareness, risk awareness of and calibration by road users : a literature study.
Statusonderkenning, risico-onderkenning en kalibratie bij verkeersdeelnemers : een literatuurstudie.
In addition to the three original principles for a sustainably safe traffic system, two new principles have been introduced in Advancing Sustainable Safety (Wegman & Aarts, 2005) – (social) forgivingness and state awareness. In the following years, these principles have been defined in more detail. This report provides a comprehensive explanation of the term state awareness and the role it plays in safe traffic participation. Houtenbos (2009) has further elaborated the principle of social forgivingness. This report may be accessed by Internet users at: http://www.swov.nl/rapport/R-2010-02.pdf
- Record URL:
- Document is in Dutch with an English summary provided.
The Hague, Netherlands 2594 AW
- DAVIDSE, R J
- Vlakveld, W P
- Doumen, MJA
- Craen, S de
- Publication Date: 2010
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 85 p.
- TRT Terms: Attitudes; Behavior; Calibration; Driving; Perception; Risk assessment; Safety; Traffic
- Geographic Terms: Netherlands
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 01155485
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Institute for Road Safety Research, SWOV
- Report/Paper Numbers: R-2010-2
- Files: ITRD, SWOV
- Created Date: Apr 27 2010 7:47AM