VVR-GIS 3.0 : description and justification of the calculation kernel.
VVR-GIS 3.0 : beschrijving en verantwoording van de rekenkern.
The purpose of VVR-GIS 3.0 is to assist road authorities and policymakers in drawing up and substantiating traffic and transport plans. With VVR-GIS 3.0 it is possible to estimate the effects of regional and local road safety measures in different plans. These estimates can then be compared among themselves or with the targets. This can be the basis on which a region can determine whether a plan is feasible and whether it meets the regional target. As VVR-GIS 3.0 also performs a cost-benefit calculation, the user can determine which plan is most cost-effective. This report may be accessed by Internet users at: http://www.swov.nl/rapport/R-2009-10.pdf
- Record URL:
- Document is in Dutch with an English summary provided.
The Hague, Netherlands 2594 AW
- Reurings, MCB
- Wijnen, W
- Vis, M A
- Publication Date: 2009
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 91 p.
- TRT Terms: Benefit cost analysis; Calculation; Costs; Forecasting; Highway safety; Policy; Regional planning; Regions; Safety; Software; Traffic
- Geographic Terms: Netherlands
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Policy; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 01155484
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Institute for Road Safety Research, SWOV
- Report/Paper Numbers: R-2009-10
- Files: ITRD, SWOV
- Created Date: Apr 27 2010 7:47AM