How sustainably safe is the layout of Dutch roads? : questionnaire study among road authorities.
Hoe duurzaam veilig zijn de Nederlandse wegen ingericht? : een vragenlijststudie onder wegbeheerders.
At the beginning of 2009, a questionnaire study was held among Dutch road authorities to obtain a better insight in the layout of Dutch roads and intersections. In this questionnaire questions were asked about the speed limits that are used and about relevant layout features of access roads, distributor roads, and regional through roads. Other questions asked which intersection types are used for intersections of different road categories. The road authorities' answers were used to determine the extent to which the road layout conforms to the preferred layout according to Sustainable Safety. Here different guidelines were used drawn up by Information and Technology Platform for Infrastructure, Traffic, Transport and Public space CROW. This report may be accessed by Internet users at: http://www.swov.nl/rapport/D-2009-05.pdf
- Record URL:
- Document is in Dutch with an English summary provided.
The Hague, Netherlands 2594 AW
- Doumen, MJA
- Weijermars, WAM
- Publication Date: 2009
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 105 p.
- TRT Terms: Evaluation; Intersections; Layout; Planning; Speed limits; Sustainable transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Road networks
- Geographic Terms: Netherlands
- Subject Areas: Highways; Planning and Forecasting;
- Accession Number: 01155482
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Institute for Road Safety Research, SWOV
- Report/Paper Numbers: D-2009-5
- Files: ITRD, SWOV
- Created Date: Apr 27 2010 7:47AM