PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE OF USING PETROLEUM PRODUCTS IN THE FIGHT AGAINST MARINE POLLUTION
The paper deals with the use of dispersants, in particular one called "finasol osr 52" in connection with the "Amoco Cadiz" accident, offshore France. Problems in applying the dispersants by means of the existing equipment in 30-ft waves are described. The role of concentrated dispersants and alternatives to dispersants, are discussed. Order from NSFI as No. 17263.
- International Oil-Pollution Prevention Exhibition and Conference, Hamburg, 1978.
International Oil-Pollution Preventn Exhibn & ConfHamburg, Germany
- Pierret, J G
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: p. 263
- TRT Terms: Dispersers; Oil recovery equipment; Oil spill cleanup; Oil spills; Water quality management
- Old TRIS Terms: Dispersant effectiveness; Oil dispersal; Oil removal equipment; Oil spill dispersants
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00196259
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 15 1979 12:00AM