OIL RECOVERY SYSTEM FOR OPEN SEA USE. THE SPRING-SWEEP SYSTEM
The problems of oil recovery at sea are discussed in terms of oil encounter rate and the effects of waves on skimmer and boom performance. A description of the Warren Spring Laboratory experimental arrangements for boom and skimmer evaluation at sea is given. Boom requirements and boom design are dealt with. The system employs a skimming head of low inertial mass to skim the oil collected by the boom. The use of the total system at various stages of the development, at the "Ekofish", "Amoco Cadiz" and "Eleni V" incidents is described. Order from NSFI as No. 17259.
- International Oil-Pollution Prevention Exhibition and Conference, Hamburg, 1978.
International Oil-Pollution Preventn Exhibn & ConfHamburg, Germany
- Cormack, D
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: p. 5
- TRT Terms: Booms (Lifting equipment); Design; Oil booms; Oil recovery equipment; Oil spill cleanup
- Old TRIS Terms: Boom design; High seas oil recovery; Oil recovery systems; Oil skimmers
- Subject Areas: Design; Environment; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00196258
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 15 1979 12:00AM