OFFSHORE TANKER TERMINAL BERTHING PROBLEMS
The paper describes a new method for establishing connection between the tanker and the floating messenger line attached to the mooring bridle. The solution is to pick up the floating messenger line with a grapnel line in a plastic cylinder, fired by an air gun installed on the tanker. The system, called "ti-fast" is suitable for operation in hazardous areas and facilitates engagement of the mooring hawser, especially in high sea and at night. Practical experience in service and future development are discussed. Order from NSFI as No. 17282.
- European Offshore Petroleum Conference & Exhibition, Proceedings, Volume 2, London, October 24-27, 1978.
European Offshore Petroleum Conf & ExhibitionLondon, England
- MacGregor, P S
- Capages Jr, M
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: p. 95
- TRT Terms: Mooring; Moorings; Offshore moorings; Petroleum terminals; Tankers
- Old TRIS Terms: Tanker moorings
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00196237
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 15 1979 12:00AM