METHODS OF RECUPERATING AND STORING OILS ACCIDENTALLY SPILLED ON WATER
The factors which govern the oil recovery procedure are reviewed. Skimmer types are described, and seven different recuperators, including weir, disc-type, strip, "ors", vortex (static and dynamic) are dealt with in some detail. Storage tanks are then considered, in particular the so-called "caiman" tanks, comprising pressurized catamaran flexible storage tank. Order from NSFI as No. 17261.
- International Oil-Pollution Prevention Exhibition and Conference, Hamburg, 1978.
International Oil-Pollution Preventn Exhibn & ConfHamburg, Germany
- Pichnon, J
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: p. 149
- TRT Terms: Fuel storage; Oil recovery equipment; Oil spill cleanup; Storage facilities
- Old TRIS Terms: Oil removal equipment; Oil skimmers
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00196234
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 15 1979 12:00AM