SEA TRIALS OF THE ONE-HUNDRED-TON OIL RECOVERY VESSEL FOR BANTRY BAY
The vessel "Bay Skimmer" has an oa length of 68 ft, a displacement of 100 tons, and a total HP of 500. It utilizes the "dynamic inclined plane" principle for oil collection, harvests oil up to 3 knots, and has a top speed of 8-10 knots. The paper presents the results of builder's trials and sea trials, and the scaling of oil recovery performance for two oil recovery ships of 500 and 750 tons displacement. General arrangements are given. Order from NSFI as No. 17118.
- International Oil-Pollution Prevention Exhibition and Conference, Hamburg, 1978.
International Oil-Pollution Preventn Exhibn & ConfHamburg, Germany
- Neal, R W
- Bianchi, R A
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: p. 209
- TRT Terms: Oil recovery equipment; Oil spill cleanup; Ship trials
- Old TRIS Terms: General arrangement plans; Oil skimmers; Ship descriptions (Oil recovery vessel)
- Subject Areas: Design; Environment; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00196224
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 15 1979 12:00AM