AIR CARGO: SHIPPER DEMAND INCREASES; A SPECIAL TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT SURVEY
The article notes that major expansion in aircargo has occurred in recent years and that further growth can be expected in the future. Over 28 percent of reporting firms ship in excess of 1 million pounds by air annually. Overall average yearly volume per shipper is 4,867,824 pounds. The regularity of air movement is also impressive; almost 70% of large firms make daily shipments, while an additional 15.3% tender airfreight on a weekly basis. The role of seasonality is noted to have diminished. There is an increasing turn to airfreight in the international field. Recent experience and future shipper planning suggests that air cargo may be entering the long-awaited takeoff.
- Reprints are available on a custom printing basis at reasonable prices in quantities of 500 or more. For a specific quotation, contact Arthur W. Lehmann, Manager, Marketing Services.
Cahners Publishing Company221 Columbus Avenue
Boston, MA United States 02116
- Publication Date: 1979-4
- Features: Figures; Photos;
- Pagination: p. 45-50
- TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT
- Volume: 18
- Issue Number: 4
- Publisher: ROADWAY EXPRESS, INC.
- TRT Terms: Air cargo; Demand; Economic forecasting; Traffic managers
- Uncontrolled Terms: Shippers
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Economics; Freight Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00196125
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 31 1979 12:00AM