Can Total Car Emissions be Reduced Enough by 2020?
Automobiles remain a large problem for the U.K. Government's Carbon Reduction Strategy for Transport, which was issued in July 2009. This article proposes a process of carbon budgets in order to address global climate change and achieve a projected reduction of carbon emissions by 34% by 2020 and by 80% by 2050. The issue of the feasibility of this strategy is also explored.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/00410683
- Jeanes, Phil
- Publication Date: 2010-1
- Media Type: Print
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: pp 6-8
- TRT Terms: Air pollution; Air pollution sources; Air quality management; Automobile travel; Carbon dioxide; Carbon monoxide; Environmental impacts; Greenhouse gases; Pollutants; Polluting gases; Travel behavior
- Geographic Terms: United Kingdom
- Subject Areas: Environment; Highways; I15: Environment;
- Accession Number: 01150863
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, ATRI
- Created Date: Feb 4 2010 5:10PM