Coming out party
Subtitle: Plastics abound inside vehicles, but they are increasingly finding new applications outside the cockpit thanks to a heavy push for lightweight solutions. Ultralight chassis concepts use fiber-reinforced plastic / Jorg Christoffel. -- Sunny days ahead for plastic solar modules / Ryan Gehm. -- Conductive plastic for a better (lighter) battery / Ryan Gehm. -- Bayer clearly sees more polycarbonate use / Stuart Birch.
- Publication Date: 2009-11
- Features: Illustrations;
- Pagination: p. 36-39 : ill.
- Automotive Engineering International
- Volume: 117
- Issue Number: 11
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)
- ISSN: 0098-2571
- Accession Number: 01149807
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Northwestern University Transportation Library
- Files: TLIB
- Created Date: Feb 1 2010 12:01PM