The business benefits of visibility technologies
Subtitle: Open lines of communication are critical to a well-oiled supply chain. New technologies, such as Electronic Freight Management (EFM), enhance data accuracy and availability, making it easier to maintain that communication, or "visibility." This article describes these technologies, outlines results from an independent assessment of an EFM test deployment, adds broader industry research results, and reports the impacts on performance and economic metrics.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: https://www.library.northwestern.edu/find-borrow-request/requests-interlibrary-loan/lending-institutions.html
- Troup, Kenneth F
- Newton, Diane B
- Wolfe, Michael
- Publication Date: 2009-11
- Features: Illustrations;
- Pagination: p. 26-33 : ill.
- TRT Terms: Information technology; Logistics
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Freight Transportation;
- Accession Number: 01149754
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Northwestern University Transportation Library
- Files: TLIB
- Created Date: Feb 1 2010 11:58AM