Road Safety Improvement Activities
There has been a dramatic improvement in Quebec's road safety record in recent decades, despite a significant increase in the number of vehicles on the roads and highways. In order to meet its commitments in regards to winter road safety, the MTQ has in recent years invested a great deal of resources on two fronts: first, drivers have been made aware of their responsibilities in driving safely; secondly, tools and methods have been developed to increase the safety and effectiveness of winter maintenance activities across the MTQ network. This paper was nominated for the TAC 2008 Road Safety Engineering Award. This paper was originally published in French as Initiaves visant l'amelioration de la securite routiere in the 2009 TAC Annual Conference. The translation was provided by the author.
Transportation Association of Canada (TAC)Ottawa, Ontario Canada
- Baril, A
- Publication Date: 2009
- Pagination: 8 p.
- Monograph Title: 2009 Annual Conference and Exhibition of the Transportation Association of Canada - Transportation in a Climate of Change
- TRT Terms: Conferences; Driving; Layout; Safety; Winter; Winter maintenance
- Geographic Terms: Canada
- Subject Areas: Safety and Human Factors; I80: Accident Studies;
- Accession Number: 01149455
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Association of Canada (TAC)
- Files: TAC
- Created Date: Jan 28 2010 7:31AM