Pavement Performance Specifications: Case Study
In a context in which many projects have been executed in public-private partnership (PPP) mode in recent years, it makes sense to explore the various pavement performance criteria used by agencies for recent road projects developed in Canada. After describing the various types of criteria used for pavements, such as ride quality, rutting, surface distress, skid resistance, structural capacity and frost susceptibility, their individual target values are reviewed. Adaptations of the performance criteria to enhance the effectiveness of the specifications for each of the parties concerned are suggested. Finally, the impact of the criteria and target values on the intervention cycles is analyzed in terms of technical constraints and life cycle maintenance cost aspects.
Transportation Association of Canada (TAC)Ottawa, Ontario Canada
- D'AMOURS, L
- CARRIER, J
- Publication Date: 2009
- Pagination: 16 p.
- Monograph Title: 2009 Annual Conference and Exhibition of the Transportation Association of Canada - Transportation in a Climate of Change
- TRT Terms: Bearing capacity; Case studies; Coefficient of friction; Conferences; Durability; Evaluation; Measurement; Methodology; Pavements; Public private partnerships; Rutting; Skid resistance; Specifications; Texture
- Geographic Terms: Canada
- Subject Areas: Highways; Pavements; I10: Economics and Administration; I22: Design of Pavements, Railways and Guideways; I52: Construction of Pavements and Surfacings;
- Accession Number: 01149419
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Association of Canada (TAC)
- Files: TAC
- Created Date: Jan 28 2010 7:28AM