TEST AND EVALUATION OF THE AMF INC. AND FAIRCHILD INDUSTRIES EXPERIMENTAL SAFETY VEHICLES. VOLUME 2. ESV PROGRAM SUMMARY
The volume presents the procedures for evaluation and the results of the evaluations of the AMF Inc. and Fairchild Industries experimental safety vehicles, (ESV), to determine the degree of compliance with the design requirements specified in the respective ESV designer's Statement of Work. The series of tests conducted under Task I are primarily concerned with the physical characteristics of the ESVs and nonoperating safety factors. Eleven evaluations were performed on each design. Section 2.0 describes the eleven test procedures in detail. Modifications to the test procedures are discussed in Section 3.0. Instrumentation required for test data acquisition is given and the facilities and equipment used for the test series are described. Data acquisition and reduction systems for the tests are explained and the instrument calibration methods are presented.
- Paper copy also available from NTIS $27.50/set of 4 reports as PB-219 060-SET.
- Publication Date: 1972-9
- Pagination: 179 p.
- TRT Terms: Braking; Bumpers; Crash tests; Crashworthiness; Design; Experimental vehicles; Human factors engineering; Instrument panels; Internal combustion engines; Nondestructive tests; Overturning; Passenger vehicles; Performance tests; Rollover crashes; Safety engineering; Safety equipment; Safety vehicles; Specifications; Steering; Vehicle compartments; Vehicle interiors; Visibility
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria
- Old TRIS Terms: Nhsb; Overturn; Roll over; Speicifications
- Subject Areas: Design; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00046267
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: 2310-72-23-Vol-2 Final Rpt
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-10187
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Jul 31 1973 12:00AM