BLUE STREAK BUS RAPID TRANSIT DEMONSTRATION PROJECT
Survey results and other data collected during Phase 2 of the Blue Streak bus rapid transit demonstration project in Seattle, Washington, are presented. The purpose of this project is four-fold: (1) evaluation of the transit patronage which can be generated by rapid transit bus service operating partially on exclusive rights-of-way; (2) establishment of a warrant for reserved freeway lanes and/or ramps for such exclusive bus use; (3) evaluation of the sensitivity of potential transit users to improvements in transit service; and (4) evaluation of a change of mode potential by studying the operation of a park-and-ride facility in conjunction with bus rapid transit service.
- Prepared in cooperation with Alan M. Voorhees and Associates, Inc., Seattle, Washington. See also rept. dated Nov 71, PB-206 629.
Washington State Department of HighwaysHighway Administration Building
Olympia, WA USA 98501
- Publication Date: 1972-7
- Pagination: 158 p.
- TRT Terms: Bus lines; Demonstration projects; Evaluation; Feasibility analysis; Freeways; Fringe parking; Parking facilities; Passenger transportation; Project management; Public relations; Ridership; Urban transportation
- Identifier Terms: U.S. Urban Mass Transportation Administration
- Uncontrolled Terms: Projects
- Geographic Terms: Seattle (Washington); Washington (State)
- Old TRIS Terms: Reserved highway lanes
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Motor Carriers; Passenger Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00046263
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Phase 2 Intrm Rpt
- Contract Numbers: DOT-UT-130
- Files: NTIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Jul 31 1973 12:00AM