TEST AND EVALUATION OF THE AMF INC. AND FAIRCHILD INDUSTRIES EXPERIMENTAL SAFETY VEHICLES. VOLUME 4. ESV PROGRAM SUMMARY
The volume presents the combined Task III, Crash Injury Reduction, and Task IV, Post-Crash Factors Evaluation, program. These tasks were performed to provide data for evaluating the level of safety afforded to its occupants by each experimental safety vehicle (ESV) during a crash. The results provided in this volume are from both baseline and prototype tests. Design characteristics of the two ESVs are listed and evaluations performed are summarized. Test procedures are presented.
- Paper copy also available from NTIS $27.50/set of 4 reports as PB-219 060-SET.
- Publication Date: 1972-9
- Pagination: 371 p.
- TRT Terms: Braking; Bumpers; Crashworthiness; Design; Experimental vehicles; Human factors engineering; Impact tests; Instrument panels; Internal combustion engines; Nondestructive tests; Overturning; Passenger vehicles; Performance tests; Rollover crashes; Safety engineering; Safety equipment; Safety vehicles; Specifications; Steering; Vehicle compartments; Vehicle interiors; Visibility
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria
- Old TRIS Terms: Nhsb; Overturn; Roll over
- Subject Areas: Design; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00046257
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: 2310-72-23-Vol-4 Final Rpt
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-10187
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Jul 31 1973 12:00AM