A CONTRIBUTION TO COLLISION AVOIDANCE
The paper describes a radar equipment including electronic evaluation circuits recently developed for marine traffic control and briefing in coastal zones and implemented in the FRG. In addition to a high-resolution capability, great store has been set on an improved clutter suppression accomplished by using frequency and polarization diversity circuits as well as special video processing methods. Test data show the satisfactory result achieved in average clutter conditions. The radar information which, due to the high resolution, is available as broadband signals, is reduced to a bandwidth processable by means of TV transmission technique, digitized and transmitted to control centres, applying PCM techniques. It is displayed on advanced, computer-supported display consoles that, in addition to radar data, are capable of presenting symbols, vectors and tables. It is intended to expand the equipment by automatic plot extraction and track computation capabilities as well as the associated evaluation features.
- From Man and Navigation, Summaries of the papers presented at the International Congress of the Institutes of Navigation held at the University of Sussex, Falmer, England, 10-14 Sept 1979.
Royal Institute of Navigation, England1 Kensington Gore
London SW7, England
- Trogus, H
- Publication Date: 1979
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Crash avoidance systems; Radar; Radar devices; Radar displays; Traffic control; Vessel traffic control
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00197080
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 29 1979 12:00AM