ANALYTICAL PREDICTION OF SWATH SHIP MOTION
One of the advantages expected from a small-waterplane-area, twin-hull (SWATH) ship configuration is the improved seakeeping qualities compared to monohull ships in moderate to extreme sea conditions. To assist in the development of the SWATH concept, an analytical prediciton of motion of SWATH ships in waves has been developed at the David Taylor Naval Ship R&D Center, Bethesda, Md. The analytical method can predict the motion of a SWATH ship in five degrees of freedom in regular and irregular waves.
Navy Technology Transfer SheetCode E411, Naval Surface Weapons Center
Dahlgren, VA United States 22448
- Publication Date: 1979-7
- Pagination: n.p.
- Volume: 4
- Issue Number: 7
- TRT Terms: Ship motion; SWATH ships; Wave motion
- Old TRIS Terms: Wave action
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00197068
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 28 1979 12:00AM