PORT PRICING AND INVESTMENT POLICY FOR DEVELOPING COUNTRIES
This is a new publication by the World Bank. In its operations in developing countries, the World Bank has encountered a variety of pricing practices with diverse effects on port operations. After a somewhat involved discussion, the authors conclude that the basis for port tariffs should be marginal costs. The discussion covers other topics, e.g., congestion, competition and the national interest.
World Bank1818 H Street, NW
Washington, DC USA 20433
- Bennathan, E
- Waters, A A
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Capital investments; Costs; Economic analysis; Financing; Policy; Port congestion; Port operations; Ports; Tariffs
- Uncontrolled Terms: Port finance
- Old TRIS Terms: Economic analysis (Ports)
- Subject Areas: Economics; Finance; Marine Transportation; Policy; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00197066
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 28 1979 12:00AM