RULES FOR BUILDING AND CLASSING STEEL VESSELS
These rules have been published annually since 1890, and the 1979 edition covers steel vessels of 61 m and over in length, intended for unrestricted ocean service. Topics covered include requirements for a quality assurance programme for rolled steel, requirements for refrigerated cargo containers, and a guide to automatic bridge control integrated propulsion systems. In addition, this year's volume contains major modifications to requirements for preheat and postweld treatment for plates, tubes, and piping.
American Bureau of ShippingABS Plaza, 16855 Northchase Drive
Houston, TX USA 77060
- Publication Date: 1979
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Automatic vessel control; Automation; Bridges (Ships); Consoles; Containers; Integrated systems; Propulsion; Quality control; Refrigeration; Refrigeration systems; Ship classification; Shipbuilding steel; Vehicle power plants
- Old TRIS Terms: Automatic bridge systems; Bridge consoles; Propulsion machinery controls
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00196443
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 15 1979 12:00AM