STATISTICAL SURVEY OF SEABORNE TRADE IN DRY BULK COMMODITIES
This survey of dry bulk shipping, commissioned by the Council of European and Japanese National Shipowners' Associations, showed that over two thirds of commodities such as coal, iron ore and grain are exported by the developed countries, compared with less than 33 per cent the third world. Also, no single developing country is sole supplier of any commodity. It further shows that if developing countries intend to reserve a fair share of their bulk exports or imports for their own ships, then they are likely to prejudice their own markets. Comprehensive data on the trend of seaborne trade in 22 dry bulk commodities presented in this publication were discussed at the fifth UNCTAD Manila conference.
Lambert Brothers Shipping LimitedResearch and Development Department, 53 Eastcheap
London EC39 3HL, England
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Bulk cargo; Coal; Dry bulk cargo; Exports; Grain; Imports; International trade; Ores; Statistics; Trade; Trend (Statistics)
- Old TRIS Terms: Bulk coal; Bulk grain; Bulk ore; Bulk trade flows; Trade statistics
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00196442
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 15 1979 12:00AM