THE MARKET FOR REFRIGERATED SHIPS: AN ANALYSIS OF THE TRADE AND TRANSPORTATION OF PERISHABLE COMMODITIES
The Survey, through an analysis of the fleet of refrigerated ships and the anticipated development of the trade in perishable commodities, assesses the future demand for the differing types of refrigerated tonnage. The survey is structured as follows: Characteristics of the Refrigerated Fleet: Recent development of the refrigerated fleet identifying whole and part refrigerated tonnage of 60,000 cubic feet and above, and unitised refrigerated tonnage of 100 TEU and above. An analysis of the mid-1978 refrigerated fleet by type, refrigerated capacity, age, speed and flag, plus the current orderbook. The Trade in Perishable Commodities: Recent development in trade in perishable commodities. Seaborne trade matrices for a base year (1975) for bananas, citrus fruit, meat, fresh vegetables, deciduous fruit (dairy produce and potatoes). The Operation and Employment of Refrigerated Ships: Organisation of the seaborne perishable trade. Examination of the major tramp and liner operators of conventional refrigerated tonnage and the current employment patterns of whole and part refrigerated tonnage. Examination of the current operators and employment of the unitised refrigerated fleet. The General Outlook for Refrigerated Tonnage: Discussion on the future employment opportunities of both conventional and unitised refrigerated capacity into the 1980's.
Drewry (HP) (Shipping Consultants) LimitedResearch Division, 24 Brook Street
London W1Y 2LL, England
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Container traffic; Containerized fruit; Containers; Economic forecasting; Freight transportation; Liner shipping; Market surveys; Meat; Perishables; Refrigerated cargo; Refrigerated ships; Refrigeration; Refrigeration systems; Trade; Tramp shipping; Transportation; Unitized cargo; Vegetables
- Old TRIS Terms: Market studies; Trade analysis; Trade forecasts
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00196264
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: HPD Shipping Publications
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 15 1979 12:00AM