AN ECONOMIC ANALYSIS OF PRESENT AND POTENTIAL TRADE BETWEEN ALASKA AND WASHINGTON
Identify present and future trade relationships between Alaska and Washington. Identify characteristics of the distribution system. Suggest innovations needed to improve the performance of the physical distribution system. Considering above, determine the composition of future trade. Research on trade flows, trade interrelationships, critical impediments to trade and means for minimizing these impediments was completed. Publications were developed for all these subject areas. The final aspect of the project was an analysis of proposed natural gas transmission systems on future trade flows between Alaska and Washington. The development of an input-output model for Alaska's economy, one of the accomplishments of this project, provided the structural basis for an economic analysis of export market possibilities for forest products produced in Interior Alaska.
- Publications: Casavant, K., Waananen, M., Thomas, W., and Logsdon, C.L. 1978. Alaska Washington Trade Profile: Water Borne Commerce, Agricultural Experiment Station, University of Alaska, Bulletin 49; Thomas, W. and Casavant, K. 1977. Alaska-Washington Trade Implications of Proposed Alternative Natural Gas Pipeline Routes, paper presented at Pacific Northwest Regional Economic Conference, Eugene, Oregon, May, and Workman, W. and Thomas, W. 1977. Some Economic Implications of Alternative Marketing Strategies for Interior Alaska Forest Products, in proceedings, Symposium on North American Forest Lands at Latitudes North of 60 degrees.
University of Alaska, CollegeDepartment of Agricultural Sciences
College, AK United States 99701
- Thomas, W C
- Publication Date: 1979-6
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Economic analysis; Economic forecasting; Forest products; Freight transportation; Liquefied natural gas; Market surveys; Shipping; Trade
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cargo flow
- Geographic Terms: Alaska; Washington (State)
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo movement; Domestic shipping analysis; Lng trade; Market studies; Trade forecasts
- Subject Areas: Economics; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00196232
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Current Research Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 15 1979 12:00AM