Biofuels: heading for a bright future or down a blind alley?
After the initial enthusiasm raised by a 'natural' and infinitely renewable energy source, biofuels have suffered a huge crisis of confidence. The conjunction of environmental and economic pressures is compounded by volatile oil prices and supply issues. As a result, countries around the world are looking at alternatives to black gold; this article examines what the prospects might be, the search for alternatives, and the possibility of using sustainable non-food crop oils.
- Garrett, P
- Publication Date: 2009-4
- Pagination: 16-17
- ENDS EUROPE REPORT
- Publisher: ENVIRONMENTAL DATA SERVICES LTD
- TRT Terms: Alternate fuels; Environment; Natural resources; Oils; Sustainable development
- Geographic Terms: Europe
- Subject Areas: Energy; I15: Environment;
- Accession Number: 01147164
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport Research Laboratory
- Files: ITRD
- Created Date: Dec 24 2009 8:47AM