CALIFORNIA STEAM BUS PROJECT
The California steam bus project is summarized in a final report on the development and demonstration of Rankine Cycle external combustion propulsion systems for urban transit vehicles. Project history, organization, and financing are summarized in detail. Three contractors were selected to install steam powerplants in conventional motor coaches, replacing the standard diesel engines, each contractor being paired with the transit system in a different city.
- Paper copy also available from NTIS $11.25/set of 4 reports as PB-217 507-SET.
Scientific Analysis CorporationSan Francisco, CA United States
- Napuk, K
- Publication Date: 1973
- Pagination: 15 p.
- TRT Terms: Buses; Contractors; Demonstration projects; External combustion engines; Feasibility analysis; Financing; Labor unions; Motor vehicles; Organization; Project management; Steam engines; Tests; Urban areas; Urban transportation
- Identifier Terms: U.S. Urban Mass Transportation Administration
- Uncontrolled Terms: Projects
- Geographic Terms: California; Los Angeles (California); Oakland (California); San Francisco (California)
- Old TRIS Terms: Steam buses; Substitution
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways; Public Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00046232
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt, UMTA-CA-06-0031
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 31 2003 12:00AM