Safety excellence : a management approach to reducing accidents at sea
Subtitle: Updated figures for 2007 show that the losses from navigational accidents within the shipping industry are continuing to increase. This trend is also confirmed by the insurance industry. Premiums may increase by as much as 30 per cent in 2008. In the bulker segment, the trend last year was towards higher losses from collisions, groundings and contact accidents. The increased frequency of navigational accidents makes this development even more important. However, it is possible to improve safety, despite the challenges the industry is facing. DNV's Safety Excellence (SafeX) programme has been developed together with leading shipping companies to combat this challenge.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: https://www.library.northwestern.edu/find-borrow-request/requests-interlibrary-loan/lending-institutions.html
- Publication Date: 2008-4
- Features: Illustrations;
- Pagination: p. 25-26 : ill.
- Issue Number: 1
- TRT Terms: Bulk carriers; Prevention; Safety; Water transportation crashes
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 01145833
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Northwestern University Transportation Library
- Files: TLIB
- Created Date: Dec 2 2009 8:22AM