FUNCTIONAL SPECIFICATIONS FOR NEW SYSTEMS OF URBAN MASS TRANSPORTATION
The report establishes functional specifications as a base for detailed engineering specifications of new urban mass transportation systems. These are evolved from desirable attributes of such systems from the viewpoints of the rider, operator, and general public. From these, performance specifications are developed in terms of quantitative values of system design variables. This report may be considered either as an overview of the subject or as a handbook of the nature and current practice regarding design variables, acceptable ranges of variation, and trade-off considerations.
- Prepared in cooperation with Mark Battle Associates, Washington, D.C.
Battelle Memorial Institute505 King Avenue
Columbus, OH United States 43201
- Leis, R D
- Cheaney, E S
- Simons, N J
- Publication Date: 1972-11
- Pagination: 105 p.
- TRT Terms: Design standards; Handbooks; Information systems; Management; Methodology; Problem solving; Public relations; Public transit; Quality of work; Rapid transit; Reviews; Specifications; Urban transportation
- Identifier Terms: U.S. Urban Mass Transportation Administration
- Uncontrolled Terms: Systems management
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00046219
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 31 1973 12:00AM