NTPEP Report 202 - Field Performance Evaluation and Laboratory Test Results on Flexible Delineators and Workzone Drums. (Winter 2000/Summer 2000 Test Cycle)
The Summer 2000/Winter 2000 test series was conducted on 5 ground mount flexible delineator post systems. Each system was pre-approved by the National Transportation Product Evaluation Program (NTPEP) coordinator before testing commenced. Manufacturers submitted a set of ten posts with reflective sheeting attached for each delineator model or series that was tested. Eight of the ten posts were subjected to impact testing. The remaining two posts of each set were retained for ultravoilent exposure testing. Impact testing was conducted at both high and low ambient temperatures as specified in the test procedure. At each of the two temperature ranges the eight posts were impacted five times with the bumper and wheel of a standard automobile complying with bumper height requirements as outlined in the testing procedure. A series of photographs were taken and presented in the appendix of the report.
- This report was prepared by the Tennessee Department of Transportation.
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Publication Date: 2000-11
- Media Type: Print
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Photos; Tables;
- TRT Terms: Drums (Containers); Highway delineators; Posts; Retroreflectivity; Work zone safety; Work zone traffic control
- Uncontrolled Terms: Flexible delineators; Post-mounted delineators
- Subject Areas: Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Safety and Human Factors; I60: Maintenance;
- Accession Number: 01145089
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: NTPEP Report 202, Report 00
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 23 2009 8:28PM