NTPEP Report 7002.1 - Field Performance Evaluation Results of Flashing Arrow Panels (Arrowboards) & Portable Changeable Message Signs (PCMS). (Winter 2004 Testing Cycle)
The National Transportation Product Evaluation Program (NTPEP) Oversight Committee voted in 1997 to establish two draft work plans for the evaluation of Portable Changeable Message Signs (PCMS) and Flashing Arrow Panels (FAP), respectively. Input for this draft work plan was gathered from state standard specifications and general product evaluation criteria submitted by AASHTO members. Industry was an active participant in these discussions and offered guidance through the American Traffic Safety Services Association (ATSSA) technical committees. Many of the remaining specifications were found through state surveys and literature searches. A final work plan was adopted in November 1998. The first evaluations of PCMSs and FAPs took place in winter of 1999. Since then, the work plans have been revised twice after input from the NTPEP lead testing state, AASHto member and industry. Every effort was made to provide accurate report of data collected during the implementation of the work plans for the PCMSs and FAPs.
- This report was prepared by the North Caroline Department of Transportation.
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Publication Date: 2004-8
- Media Type: Print
- Edition: Final Report
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 49p
- TRT Terms: Arrows (Signals); Driver information systems; Flashing traffic signals; Portable equipment; Tables (Data); Traffic control devices; Traffic safety; Variable message signs
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; I70: Traffic and Transport;
- Accession Number: 01144992
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: NTPEP Report 7002.1
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 19 2009 3:21PM